The price of a Gift Aid ticket includes a voluntary donation. This means that Dorset County Museum is able to claim Gift Aid on the whole ticket price, so the museum gets an extra 25p per £1 to spend on caring for its collections and making them accessible to the public. Please select "Yes" from the dropdown button below, if you would like to include Gift Aid.
PLEASE NOTE: Your address below must be the same address as your payment card is registered to.
Terms and Conditions
Sales and Refund of Goods
These terms & conditions effect the transactional sale of goods and e-tickets by you and from the Dorset County Museum herein referred to as DCM and pertaining to our web site dorsetcountymuseum.org. These terms & conditions do not effect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Purchasing goods and services
- Goods and services include items from our shop, services we offer that require payment and e-tickets for entry or events.
- Purchases are paid for via a third party payment gateway (PayZone). No payment information is retained by us in any format.
- Transactions are conducted via HTTPS(SSL) encryption as standard.
- All goods, services and e-tickets remain the property of DCM until full payment has been received.
- DCM do not accept any loss or liability by the user in using our services offered "as is" from our web site.
- Full payment is required in all cases unless otherwise stated.
- Goods will be dispatched in accordance with our delivery policy upon full payment or as previously agreed.
- E-tickets will be dispatched via e-mail to the registered address of the purchaser provided at the time of purchase.
- E-tickets may not be exchanged for cash or goods to the value of.
- E-tickets must be shown on entry to the museum or event and are valid to the purchaser and those detailed on the e-ticket.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to tickets purchased though none authorised entities without prior warning.
- E-tickets are valid on the day(s) marked on the ticket only.
- E-ticket refund policy
- You are entitled to a full refund on any e-ticket purchased through our web site system up to 7 days prior to the appointed date on your ticket.
- Refunds after the allotted date are at the discretion of DCM and all decisions are final.
- Cancellation of tickets after 7 days prior to the event are excluded form our refund policy.
- E-tickets are not transferable and may not be exchanged for goods or cash to the face value.
- Refunds may take up to 14 days to process.
- Returns policy
- If for any reason you are not happy with the goods or services you have purchased through our web site in the first instance please contact us.
- You may return any goods for a full refund if you are not completely satisfied up to 30 days from the point of sale.
- Goods must be returned in their original packaging where possible.
- DCM are not liable for any loss or damage to returned goods and refunds are only issued once the item has been received and restocked.
- DCM will NOT charge a restocking fee and refunds issued in accordance with your statutory rights.
- You may request either a refund or replacement accordingly but may be charged any difference likewise refunded the difference if the product is cheaper.
- Refunds my take up to 14 days to process.
- Replacement items will be shipped in accordance with delivery times and availability.
- Breakages policy
- If for any reason the item you buy is delivered damaged you are entitled to 100% refund or exchange of goods.
- In all cases please contact us accordingly.
- Delivery policy
- E-tickets will be delivered by e-mail the same day of purchase.
- Other goods will be delivered within due lead time as described on the product detail page.
- All goods will be delivered within a 30 day window maximum but some items may require longer (bespoke items or specialist items) in such cases due notice will be given.
- 30 days referee to working days and excludes weekends and bank holidays.
- Where possible all items are dispatched to transit companies for distribution and in doing so we request that all items on delivery are inspected for damage and reported to us within 3 days of delivery.
In all cases:
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied please contact us as soon as possible. We will try and resolve your issues in the best way possible but rest assured that your statutory rights remain unaffected.
These Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) govern the Budding Young Scientists to perform the Dippy Topping Out ceremony Free Prize Draw at the Dorset County Museum. The Free Prize Draw is promoted by the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society (DNHAS), Dorset County Museum, High West Street, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1XA.
Conditions of Entry
1. By entering the Free Prize Draw, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
2. The Free Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 11-18, excluding employees of the DNHAS, the Jurassic Coast Trust and their subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the Free Prize Draw.
3. To enter the Free Prize Draw you must complete the form and submit your entry before the Closing Date (see below).
4. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. The Free Prize Draw closing date is Wednesday 20th December 2017 at 17.00 GMT.
6. Only complete entries will be accepted. DNHAS accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
7. By entering the Free Prize Draw you confirm to DNHAS that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these T&Cs. DNHAS reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Automated entries and entries via third parties or agents will be invalid. Entries that do not comply with these T&Cs (including those containing any false information) will be invalid.
The Free Prize Draw
8. The winner will be drawn at random by an independent member of Dorset County Museum and Jurassic Coast Trust from all complete entries received before the Closing Date.
9. There will be one prize. The winner of the Free Prize Draw needs to be available to attend the Dorset County Museum on the evening of either Thursday 8th or Friday 9th February 2018 between the hours of 16:00 – 18:00. The winner will assist the DCM and the National History Museum with the installation of the final Dippy bone cast. The winner must be accompanied by a responsible adult or family member who must be aged over 21.
The winner and accompanying adult will also receive a guided tour of the Dippy on Tour exhibition.
10. The prize does not include travel to the Museum.
11. The winners will be notified by Friday 22nd December 2017 via the email provided.
12. The winners must claim the prize within 10 working days of DNHAS sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and DNHAS may (but shall not be obliged to) offer the unclaimed prize to a runner up selected in accordance with these T&Cs.
13. The prize is non-transferable and the winner cannot request any alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
14. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, DNHAS reserves the right to (a) substitute the prize with an alternative; and (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Free Prize Draw.
15. All details and other restrictions applying to the prize not specified in these T&Cs shall be determined by DNHAS in its sole discretion.
16. DNHAS reserves the right to modify these T&Cs at any time.
17. By entering the Free Prize Draw, you consent to the use of your personal data by DNHAS, the Jurassic Coast Trust and the Natural History Museum for the purposes of administration of the Free Prize Draw (including publishing your name if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented.