Friday 28th September 2018 until Saturday 29th September 2018
From 20:00 until 02:00
Venue: Dorset County Museum High West Street, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1XA
[SOLD OUT] Paranormal Night at the Museum
Dorset County Museum was built in 1883 and has a vast history of housing many items from around the county. The Museum was built on the site of The Old George Inn which has many tales steeped in its history. Over the years there have been many inexplicable circumstances around the galleries and within the building. Some of these have been attributed to items within the Museum and collections that relate to some of our infamous locals. Now without any items in the building a unique public investigation can take place and try to uncover some of the truths behind these ghostly goings on.
The investigation will be carried out by experienced researchers who will be able to answer questions and queries from visitors. They will guide visitors through the vigils and after dark exploration of the galleries and offices; including public areas of the museum and those normally off limits. It will be the only chance to experience the Museum without any of the exhibits or artefacts in place; it will be totally empty for the first time since the Museum was built.
The evening will be conducted in a professional and enjoyable manner with lots of time for relaxing and socialising between vigils. Below is an outline of the evening which will run from 8pm until 2am.
- A welcome and tour of the building with lights to ensure visitors are familiar with their surroundings including health and safety briefing.
- Refreshments and comfort breaks will be available throughout the evening.
- A light buffet will be served half way through the evening.
- Please be advised to bring warm clothing and a suitable torch.
- Please be advised this event is for those aged 18 years or over.
- Please be advised the Museum is a non-smoking premises and smoking or vaping will only be allowed during dedicated breaks outside of the building.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions
Sorry but this event has passed!
Please take a look at our forthcoming events diary.