Step 2: Make a preliminary visit
- If you are not familiar with the museum we recommend you visit us before bringing your group for a visit. This will give you an idea of the lay out and also provide you with an opportunity to carry out a risk assessment - Your School Visit
Step 4: Decide on a preferred date and 2 alternative dates
- We will do our best to accommodate you however we are very busy during term time and your preferred date may not be available. Our sessions run with the help of volunteers.
Step 5: Email our School Bookings Team
- Once we receive your initial enquiry we will send you an information pack which will contain useful information and a booking form. Alternatively go to Step 6 to download the booking form and the information pack. We are able to hold dates for 1 week only as the service is in high demand during term time. Ideally a booking will be made one term in advance.
Step 6: Complete our booking from
- Complete our booking form (available for download below) and return it to us by email or post at least 14 days before the date of your visit. Please ensure you sign the form (or print and date your name) and let us know any particular requirements you have. Payment can be made via invoice or you can pay on arrival by cheque card or cash.
Step 7: Our Schools Booking Team will contact you once we receive your booking form
- Our Schools Booking Team will email you confirmation of your booking and we will include welcome notes and an introduction to the museum including pre-visit notes. Please get in touch with us if you don’t receive them, or if any of the details on your booking form are incorrect.
Step 8: Read our practical information of your group visit
- Familiarise yourself with our school visit practical information before you arrive.
Step 10: After your visit
- We want to hear about your visit. Let us know what went well, and what could be better. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org